Naso tang streamers.

dgasmd

I recently got a gorgeous, healthy, fat, and very active naso tang. Great colors. He is about 5-6" front mouth to tail. Has a boracious appetite and eats tons of everything I feed the tank. He does not have streamers. I looked very closely at his tail fin to see if they were just dropped or cut while being captured and shipped, but it is perfectly normal looking.

I know nasos will get their streamers as they mature from juvenile to adulthood, but what signs do I look for to know when this is happeneing? Any other info on these guys would be great.

I've been trying to find a web source of information about fish where you could just put in the name and come up with plenty of info on it with no luck. Anyone has a source or link?

Thanks,

Alberto

Well, not sure if this helps, but a guy who once owned the fish shop on rt 1 in college park told me most fish tend to get their streamers with age and not size. Although he is almost 6", I remember asking him about a Maculosis that was 10.5" I had, and he said streamers are usually found with fish that are at least 4-5 years of age. Tangs do grow them faster than angels and triggers(the two main fish I inquired about) but they become really lengthened in the 6+ years of age.

This of course was all corresponded to me and not sure exactly how truthful it was. He was a wholesale importer as well as a Diver in Fiji back in his younger years.

Mike

Mike:

3:58 Am and you are replying. Are you working the corner with the girls? Just working your suave debonair mojo?? :D

I am trying to get a website with info on fish by name. I'll post again if I find something.

Alberto

Hey at least the girls keep me warm at night!!! And who doesnt love their outfits, YEA!!!!

No I work with sleep disorders. you know the ones you put under and have to use CPAP masks on. Well im the PSG guy that stop em from breathing pauses. Im sure youve meet a few where YOU found they had sleep apnea, and get a lil tense when they have an Apnaic or Hypopnic event for 25+ seconds.

I can see you now. "come on breath man breath I gotta pay for that emperor at Exotics" haha

Actually I did that for a little bit before I went to med school. I used to be a respiratory therapist before I went to medical school and used to cover the sleep lab once in a blue moon.

Those people don't make me tense. They are the ones with the problem, not me :D  :D  :D  The ones that make me tense are the ones that stop breathing for minutes. Now, that is a problem. :p