What's this all about?

chideloh

ebay... well that says it all. there are so many things that could have happen.

Let's speculate.

1) the buyer never paid for the item so the seller can re-post and sell it again.

2) the seller had a friend padding the bid, ended up being the highest bidder, so now the seller is stock with the item once again

3) the buyer realize the item is a fluke so he decides to sell it forward, and he posts the item

4) so many other posibilities... oh we can't nam them all. :clap:

ebay... well that says it all. there are so many things that could have happen.

Let's speculate.

1) the buyer never paid for the item so the seller can re-post and sell it again.

2) the seller had a friend padding the bid, ended up being the highest bidder, so now the seller is stock with the item once again

3) the buyer realize the item is a fluke so he decides to sell it forward, and he posts the item

4) so many other posibilities... oh we can't nam them all. :clap:

5) Someone, seeing the selling price of $2200 for a piece of coral, copied the entire auction and posted it - but doesn't really own the item at all. (and they got 'tattled on', and eBay removed the auction).

bob

This thing sold last week and now it's back on eBay. What do you think happened? Is this the buyer and he is trying to sell it or is this the original seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Live-Coral-Rare-Waterm...1QQcmdZViewItem

eBay is a strange place... I searched for Calfo's book 'Book of Coral Propagation Volume I' - and found a slightly used copy for sale - for $289.

I hit up Amazon - and while they have always said 'out of stock' - they now had a copy! New - $38.95 plus shipping.

(Boggle!)

My ladyfriend is a heavy eBay user. She bought an item a month or so ago - paid for it with PayPal, and the guy immediately returned her money and said the item was out of stock. Today she got a form letter from eBay that the guy initiated - saying she was delinquent on payment. And then he wrote bad feedback because she didn't pay for it. (Keep in mind that eBay now owns PayPal, and can quite easily cross-index items with payments and refunds)

(Boggle! Boggle!)

bob