Tangs

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4

Okay, two questions:

If you could have any 3 tangs, which 3 would you choose?

If you had your mind set on a blue hippo and yellow tang, what one tang would you add to the mix?

I am working on stocking so I want to hear everyones opinion of the most best tangs, whether it be based on looks or personality....give a little insight to why you like them.

Guest HVF21221

1. Gem tang

2. Sohal tang

3. Tomini tang

You said any three! I will only be able to keep #3 if I ever find one. NO #1, I'll never spend that much on a fish. NO #2 do to temperment.

I would pick the yellow tang. I think they "graze" better and still are a good looking fish.

i like the hippo but rather then yellow i would do either purple or the harder to get black i also like the clown tang the achelies is cool to but i hear they are picky eaters

or a kole would be another good option, and a "different" sort of grazer.  I love my eibli mimic tang, but as far as being a worker- he is the "big boss" bum of the tank.

I have the blue hippo, powder blue and Yellow in a 150 and they do fine- I have always loved the  achelies tang from my diving days in Hawaii- but just do not think a fourth tang in this tank is doable-I also think the powder and achelies would fight.

So to answer your question the yellow is a great grazer- the powder is inbetween the yellow and Blue as far as grazing- the Blue is not muchg of a grazer- I think if I had to do it over I would replace the Powder with the Achelies but - My three have such good temperment that I could not ask for a better mix.

Guest clownfish4
I am thinking about the Yellow, Hippo, and the Whitecheek.  The Achilles are said to be pretty difficult and I personally don't find them to be that attractive.  Keep them coming!

Guest Tmtplyb
What size tank do you have? make sure that you have enough space for them, it helps with the conflicts and territory one the settle in.