How to Avoid Payment Fee from Paypal???

Guest Bemmer

Guest Bemmer

Is there any way to avoid getting charged a fee when someone sends me a payment via Paypal on a personal account?

TIA

Guest vatbrew

nope, have them add 3% to what they owe you. thats how paypal makes money.

Edited by vatbrew

Guest Bemmer

If you have Premier account you can not avoid fees.

Thanks inna, I just checked the info on the premier account. Unfortunately, they also charge a transaction fee. However, I may have to do it since they limit the number of cc and debit card transactions on a personal account.

Still trying to find out where they only charge 3% transaction fee. I see it listed as 5% on their fee schedule. Thanks.

Guest CapHillReef

You shouldn't be charged a fee for receiving a cash transaction (Receive payments funded by PayPal Balance, PayPal Instant Transfer or PayPal eCheck) if you have a personal account.

And I just read that you can now accept up to 5 credit card transactions per 12 month period (albeit at a higher rate) without upgrading your account.

I'll keep my two-account setup...

Guest beatle

I have two accounts as well. If someone can pay me with their existing Paypal balance or funds their transaction with a bank account, I'll ask them to send it to my personal account. Otherwise it goes to the premier one. They've really gotten bad with fees.