Left frozen food out overnight

Guest beatle

Guest beatle

I picked up some homemade frozen food from a Wamas member a month or so ago. I'd been keeping it in a sealed plastic container and feeding a few times a week. Last night I left it out in the container and it has melted. Should I toss it or put it back into a plastic bag and refreeze, pretending that I never made this mistake?

Guest beatle

Well, it's in the freezer now in the meantime. It actually smelled better at room temperature (more like fresh seafood) than it did when it was frozen.

Well, it's in the freezer now in the meantime. It actually smelled better at room temperature (more like fresh seafood) than it did when it was frozen.

I've done that countless times with no harm done.

I left my frozen food out for an hour or two once. :drink: :drink:

Once I saw it, I put it back in the freezer, and it's been fine. Not sure about overnight though.

I think it should be fine, but like Mike said, should you risk it?

I picked up some homemade frozen food from a Wamas member a month or so ago. I'd been keeping it in a sealed plastic container and feeding a few times a week. Last night I left it out in the container and it has melted. Should I toss it or put it back into a plastic bag and refreeze, pretending that I never made this mistake?

There is a formula out there for this by a man named Murphy.

If the cost of tank inhabitants exceedes the cost of replacing the food, toss the food. If the the inverse is true go ahead and feed the tank. :wink:

Sorry, I couldnt help myself....Murphy usually plays a big role in anything I do.

John

There is a formula out there for this by a man named Murphy.

If the cost of tank inhabitants exceedes the cost of replacing the food, toss the food. If the the inverse is true go ahead and feed the tank. :wink:

Sorry, I couldnt help myself....Murphy usually plays a big role in anything I do.

John

Good one.Murphy has no algae either. We are suffocating in it Edited by Ingo

that happened to me and i tossed it. besides it gives you an excuse to go to the fish store and get other stuff you dont need as well

Guest beatle

besides it gives you an excuse to go to the fish store and get other stuff you dont need as well

I've never needed an excuse. :lol:

I guess I'll toss it. Maybe there will be a food party this spring/summer and I can make more.