Congressional Aquarium

Norboo

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that the owner promotes animal cruelty should be reason enough to not give him your money. The shop sells dyed/tortured fish there (freshwater), and people have spoken to them about it but the shop keep selling them. If the owner cared about the animals, he wouldn't be purchasing them. Scraped, sliced, puntured, injected and soon-to-be dead fish pushed on unsuspecting people. Poor fish :(

I've been there twice so heres my summary of the 2 times

First time:

- dead fish

- misled about the GBS which I now have to get rid of

+ clerk was pleasant and not goofing off

+ lots cleaner creatures to coose from

- severely overstocked FW tanks

- liverock not great

- drygoods expensive

Second time:

:( :( :( found out obout the tortured fish being sold there

- all 3 guys were chatting behind the counter doing nothing

- tanks still severely overcrowded

+ no dead fish

- liverock still not great

+ still a variety of cleaners

(edited)

i was just there- for emergency brine purchase and i didnt have the aquarium one adress

and it was the first time that i have seeen mass deaths in the store-

there was a huge yellow tang who only had one eye-- it was just very depressing

i have always had good customer service except when they are packed and everyone is doing something with someone else- but if there arent many ppl they have always been attentive

- they said they didnt give WAMAS discounts- which i knew some ppl have gotten it from them- but the guy said he would give me a discount because "I asked so nicely" :) yeah! 1$ off of a ten$ purchase!

Edited by toastiireefs

I just picked up a pink brain and a vivid green montipora. I didn't think they were over priced compared to online when you add shipping into it.

(edited)

I just picked up a pink brain and a vivid green montipora. I didn't think they were over priced compared to online when you add shipping into it.

the corals and inverts look fine to me, but the fish are where the problem is in regards to livestock, both the salt and the FW.

I think a lot of saltwater folks don't pay a lot of attention to what is going on in the freshwater sections of these shops. If you really want to know about the way the store cares for its animals, go look at the freshwater tanks; the saltwater fish are a lot more likely to be taken better care of because they are so expensive, while in relative terms, the FW cost almost nothing. If you are over there and want fresh water fish, walk across the street to PETCO.

Edited by treesprite

• 5 months later...

i went in there today to pick up some food

and was looking around

they were trying to sell a black suncoral large frag for 80$ that was practically completely bleached except for a few polyps...

idk i thought it was a bit ridiculous..

again i got 10%! even though they claim to not do anything with wamas!

did they used to? and thats why they know about it... or is it that they do grant wamas they just dont want to admit it?