Fraggle Reef

phisigs79

Overall a good group buy. couple things to take into considerations. One communication wasn't too great and all his pictures are actinic only. Got some zoas that were supposed to be blue and they were more black then blue. Alien eyes ( is what he called his zoas) where in fact not alien eyes. Colony sizes were good and priced good but his pictures and color are way off. Example Blue Monti was Purple not blue. Would i order again? Prob not because i cannot stand to get something that you didnt expect. I did like the Acan and the clams though :biggrin: Just trying to be honest!

FYI- They just got in RBTA's 3-5 inches for $59

Overall a good group buy. couple things to take into considerations. One communication wasn't too great and all his pictures are actinic only. Got some zoas that were supposed to be blue and they were more black then blue. Alien eyes ( is what he called his zoas) where in fact not alien eyes. Colony sizes were good and priced good but his pictures and color are way off. Example Blue Monti was Purple not blue. Would i order again? Prob not because i cannot stand to get something that you didnt expect. I did like the Acan and the clams though :biggrin: Just trying to be honest!

I must disagree with you, all the fragglereef orders we have done on MD side have been awesome, we ordered one color and got a more brilliant better looking instead, his pics aren't actinic shots, they are taking under regular 60W house light bulbs because he don't want to shoot on his tanks because on his tanks his lights will look one way and under your tank lights will look different making you feel cheated. Also he gets AAAAA+++++ on the MD side, example bethesda Jim order 3 Acan polyps and he received 7, Miguel is very generous, you order one and usually end up with way more than what you ordered at no additional charge.

My .02

His pics are very blue to me. I have never seen normal lighting look blue. I have 14k Mh bulbs and it looks no even close to his pictures. I wish i had his pics to compare and share.

I have ordered from Miguel 3 times and once on a group buy. Good stuff, great prices, great shipper. I have not had any experience with bad communication. Sent e-mail and fast replies.

His pics are very blue to me. I have never seen normal lighting look blue. I have 14k Mh bulbs and it looks no even close to his pictures. I wish i had his pics to compare and share.

I have a good personal friendship with him and also talk with him on a weekly basis so I have first hand knowledge of his operation. I'm sorry you feel that way about it and once again he get an AAAAA+++++ on my books and on the MD regulars.

Absolutely A+++++

I communicated with Miguel many times, ordered many times and always were very-very happy with what I got.

My understanding corals might look different with different lighting. However, usually what I get looks better in my tank than on fragglereef website.

Can you get original pics so i can show what i am talking about then?

I got a nice Acan and the blue monti (its purple now but should color back up). The stuff i was talking about is mainly the zoos that other people ordered. The colors didnt pop like his picture did. I would buy his acan again ( I actually want in on the rainbow alien eye because i almost got that one)

I have ordered from him once. The only complaint I have is the frag plugs that the stuff was mounted on had some nuisance algae on them.

Good pricing and I got what I expected. I will probably order from him again in the future.

Guest seantadez

I have ordered from Miguel 3 times. Good stuff, great prices, great shipper. I have not had any experience with bad communication. Sent e-mail and fast replies also he give me a free nice frag of zoo,s with my group order... to me AAA+++ also he spend time calling after, to see if anything was ok...

oh also i bouth a clam in a LFS and die couple days after so i order one with miguel and is very healty

Edited by seantadez

I ordered 2 polyps of superman mushroom- I got 7 or 8 :) They're small frags on rocks but 2 are large so I can't complain.

As for the clam, it's doing awesome :)

I was okay with my part of the order, but I have to agree with Chris about the color. I ordered a rock covered in "blue" mushrooms. The rock has plenty of mushrooms and look very nice, but it it anything but blue. More of a brown.

well i certainly understand the issue of color versus what you see in pictures. but ive seen ybes clam as well as rafs pics, and i must say, the colors are very close.

chris and steve, not meaning to degrade your opinions or say they are wrontg, but what is blue in one tank is purple or other shades in other tanks. also have you looked at them through the top of the tank rather than through the side? almost all of my corals and clam are a much different shade when looked top down due to the higher iron content in the AGA tank. also the colors of corals after being shipped cannot really be called for a few days. it needs time and good lighting to recover from that stress.

chris arent you usnig those chiniese bulbs from a group buy as well? their par at times has been suspect in other tanks with oddly colored corals.

not saying thats the answer in your case, but things to check and report back on maybe.

miguel seenms to be one of the better GB people on WAMAS. im sure even if you emailed him now about the color shift difference hed probably help you figure out why its different.

(edited)

I know what you talking about. Top, side, other side front back doesnt matter colors are the same. Yes the clams where nice but the real issue was the zoos. I know people dont like the chinesse bulb but believe it or not a 14k should look even better than normal light if that what he indeed takes his pictures with. My frag tank has a Coralvue 14k bulb and the blue shimmer look more like brown and its been 4 full days. I think the real prob is taking pictures with normal lights with 03 over the tank. Again his clam and acan were top of the line but the zoos where lacking. Also if you are going to play the name game on zoas they better be the real deal. I saw two zoas that he said where one thing and in fact where something more common. Alien eyes i saw with my own eyes where not even close. Meanie greens where in fact neon greens. I am not going to harp and defend myself anymore on this. I stated my opinion and i did so, so that others are aware. I don't see a problem with having a opinion. It is what it is. I am glad others have had great success with him and i did too (my stuff looked great). Lets leave it at that. I in no way am meaning this towards anyone. Its my opinion and like Erik says you are getting exactly what you paid for it :biggrin:

Edited by phisigs79

I know what you talking about. Top, side, other side front back doesnt matter colors are the same. Yes the clams where nice but the real issue was the zoos. I know people dont like the chinesse bulb but believe it or not a 14k should look even better than normal light if that what he indeed takes his pictures with. My frag tank has a Coralvue 14k bulb and the blue shimmer look more like brown and its been 4 full days. I think the real prob is taking pictures with normal lights with 03 over the tank. Again his clam and acan were top of the line but the zoos where lacking. Also if you are going to play the name game on zoas they better be the real deal. I saw two zoas that he said where one thing and in fact where something more common. Alien eyes i saw with my own eyes where not even close. Meanie greens where in fact neon greens. I am not going to harp and defend myself anymore on this. I stated my opinion and i did so, so that others are aware. I don't see a problem with having a opinion. It is what it is. I am glad others have had great success with him and i did too (my stuff looked great). Lets leave it at that. I in no way am meaning this towards anyone. Its my opinion and like Erik says you are getting exactly what you paid for it :biggrin:

Someone is touchy this morning :cry: !!! - :lol: Sorry Chris I couldn't resist! :lol:

:cheers: M8

Raf