The Filter Guys RO/DI

bigjames1300r

I just installed my RO/Di from the Filter Guys and it was a pleasure dealing with them. I had a tricky install and they were very helpful and even priority mailed a part that I was missing(no fault of theirs). The system is top notch! Great guys to deal with.

James

how do you know which membrane to buy? i got a ro system from somebody , there is no name on it so i have no clue on how to pick out a membrane..

Ok I have to just say WOW!!! The Filter Guys absolutely rock!!! I ordered a RO membrane and flow restrictor on Monday (a holiday) and they sent it registered mail so it got to me in 2 days. The kicker is, I got charged less to get it in 2 days than the other guys charge to send regular UPS.

A+++

Altezza - They are mostly standard for the 75g/100g. Call them and tell them how much big your housing is and they can help you out. You can also pull out the membrane and see if there is a name on it.

I received my shipment in today. Excellent packaging, they even bumped up my ground shipping to Priority 2 day. Jim is an great guy to deal with. I will be ordering from them again.

Guest Bemmer

Yeah, I have to agree with everyone. I also spoke with Jim, who was very helpful, knowledgable and just nice to deal with. I had one of those RO/DI units that I bought on ebay from Aqua something. Anyway, the workmanship of The Filter Guys RO/DI units was far superior to the unit I got on ebay...but then I should have known better too.

Also, they sell the long sleeve plastic gloves in packs of 100. They are great. And I bought their ceramic plugs and disks, which are different from the ones we normally see on the market. I have not used them yet but they look good. They don't crumble like the other ones from Boston Aqua-Farms

Anyone that purchases from Jim and The Filter Guys will not be disappointed.

R-

I use the ceramic plugs as well. I like them a lot except they rock in the eggcrate a bit more than I would like. I haven't tried the disk yet since I am waiting for some new ones to try.

Guest beatle

How do they compare to AirWaterIce.com? I've heard good things about their units as well as their customer service. AWI's Typhoon 5 seems to be the same as the Filter Guys' Ocean Wave+, but the Typhoon 5 is a bit cheaper. I'd be interested in a group buy on an RO/DI.

I have purchased from AWI and can only say good things about them. I have no direct experience with TFG though.

From the reviews and comments I've read over the past year or so, I think TFG and AWI are both excellent companies with great customer service and you can't go wrong buying from either of them.

Edited by YBeNormal

Guest vatbrew

I love AWI. I just purchased my second system from them. I had a small problem with the install this time around and they were ready to ship me a whole new "upper half" of the unit. They're tech advised me what to do and it worked. A+ for AWI.

Guest beatle

Anyone know why you can't post a link to AWI on RC? I was suspicious of them when I noticed you couldn't post a link, hinting that they may have been problematic with spam or dishonest practices previously on the site.

• 6 months later...

I also must give 2 big thumbs up to The Filter Guys. I Emailed them asking for a RO/DI filter recomendation for my area and system. Within 24 hours they responded to my request with a suggestion and included a copy of Fairfax County's Water Quality report to back up their suggestion. I have received an Email from them with tracking information on when my unit will arrive. My fingers are crossed their products work as well as their customer service has.

AWI apparently got into and argument some time ago with another vendor about the types of filter cartridges each was recommending and selling. They are no longer welcomed by the RC crew as a result.

AWI is a good company to deal with though. Their products are excellent, prices are very competitive and service and great. BRK now carries their products so you won't have to wait or pay shipping charges!