ICK!

phisigs79

Does not matter where fish comes from. The only way to avoid troubles is to QT.

nuff said

I know of no shop you'll walk into that will quarantee your fish to live until you get home.. If there is, announce yourself, you deserve the recognition.

Since you issued the challenge...

The Cozy Clownfish in Manassas will special order fish, QT's them for at least 14 days and does offer a guarantee of 5 or 14 days (I can't remember which) on saltwater fish. They don't seem to keep a lot of SW livestock on hand (often sold before it leaves QT). Prices are a bit higher than average but they are a small shop and I guess they have to recoup the cost of their guarantee somehow.

Disclaimer: I do not work for or have any financial interest in this store.

Since you issued the challenge...

The Cozy Clownfish in Manassas will special order fish, QT's them for at least 14 days and does offer a guarantee of 5 or 14 days (I can't remember which) on saltwater fish. They don't seem to keep a lot of SW livestock on hand (often sold before it leaves QT). Prices are a bit higher than average but they are a small shop and I guess they have to recoup the cost of their guarantee somehow.

Disclaimer: I do not work for or have any financial interest in this store.

I have been using the Cozy Clownfish since I got into saltwater a few months ago. Greg, one of the owners, helped me to set up my system and still helps me maintain it. I have gotten almost all of my fish from them. It is a very good LFS, but pretty small. They can get anything you want and as said above, they do QT all of their fish.

Correct me if i am wrong isnt 14 days Of QT not enough? I know that most LFS claim to QT but do they really keep the fish Qted for 4 -6 weeks? The answer is prob no. I know that some say that the treat their entire system with copper but if the fish comes in one day and is sold the next doesnt that defeat the purpose? I am not blaming anyone but myself since i knew what should of been done and i didnt plan for it. They are now in a QT tank and they look ok but are a little skiddish. QT is a must

4-6 weeks of QT would definitely be better than 14 days, provided you can afford to provide proper conditions in a QT environment of course. Still, it is rare for any LFS to QT their fish before placing them in display tanks for sale and a 14 day QT is better than nothing.

Quote from Tommy Boy

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of s***. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Bottom line...buy reliable and QT!!!

Thats is awesome!

seems my royal gamma in my frag tanknow has ick. I dont want to destroy my tank by getting all the fish out so i was wondering if i should introduce my new fish to the tank now? This really sucks.

Huhh, that's a sticky issue... I've heard that Ick has many stages of life and one of them are benthic stage which larvae live in substrate. Some people say 2 weeks then they all die off if there's no fishes around. There's always the chance of ick outbreak again even with new fish, they'll be stressed and prone to disease. U.V. sterilizer and removing all fishes might be best bet for next 2 weeks.

Unless others have better advice, this was what I only heard not a factual statement I have taken upon myself.

Edited by TROLL