Noisy QuietOne 3000

Guest beatle

Guest beatle

I ordered a QuietOne 3000 as my return pump for my 90g as I've heard they're relatively quiet and I couldn't complain about the $47 price tag. I've noticed that it makes a lot of racket except when I hold it in my hand upside down with no hose attached (I'm using braided hose for the return). It doesn't seem to be rattling against the tank, as it makes a clatter when suspended upright as well. Is this just the nature of this beast or is there any other trick I should try? I'm considering an Eheim 1260, but it's almost 3x the price!

I ordered a QuietOne 3000 as my return pump for my 90g as I've heard they're relatively quiet and I couldn't complain about the $47 price tag. I've noticed that it makes a lot of racket except when I hold it in my hand upside down with no hose attached (I'm using braided hose for the return). It doesn't seem to be rattling against the tank, as it makes a clatter when suspended upright as well. Is this just the nature of this beast or is there any other trick I should try? I'm considering an Eheim 1260, but it's almost 3x the price!

my quiteone 2200 only makes racket when the water level is not sufficient to cover the pump.....

Guest beatle

Yes, it's brand new. I'm not sure how long Petsmart has for a return policy. I ordered this mid-November from their website, but I was out of town for 3 weeks so I'm just now getting to try it out. It sounds like the impeller is off balance.

I would just let it run, I doubt you can return it. If it doesnt quiet down after a week or two (IME it will) then sell it to someone who doesnt care about the noise.

I would just let it run, I doubt you can return it.

I think it can be returned. According to: http://www.petsmart.com/global/articles/ar...+policy&N=2

Your satisfaction is guaranteed, unconditionally. Should you wish to make a return, please ship the item and your completed merchandise return form (located on the reverse side of your packing slip) to:

PetSmart Returns Department

1989 Transit Way

Brockport, New York 14420-0910

Unable to locate your merchandise return form? Download a merchandise return form.

Shipping is non-refundable unless the item is being returned as a result of our error (damaged, defective, wrong item sent, etc.). For your protection, we encourage you to send your return via UPS. Return packages must be prepaid; we cannot accept COD. Even exchanges are sent back to you at no additional charge. If you request a refund, your credit card will be credited within 48 hours of processing your return. Please note on the packing slip why you decided to return our product so that we can improve our service.

Alternatively, you may return (or exchange) items purchased from the PetSmart.com at any PetSmart store. If you return an item with receipt for refund, the method of refund will be the same as the original payment method. If you do not have a receipt, a store credit will be issued.