how to adjust deltec ap 600?

Charlie97L

How is it set up? The water level with the feed and recirc pumps running and the air valve OFF should be right where the clear plastic meets the black plastic, no higher. From there, adjust the air valve. Start with it @ 2:00. Close more for drier, open more for wetter.

How is it set up? The water level with the feed and recirc pumps running and the air valve OFF should be right where the clear plastic meets the black plastic, no higher. From there, adjust the air valve. Start with it @ 2:00. Close more for drier, open more for wetter.

my water level is good... so the air valve does it huh! that's cool. yeah my air valve is alll the way open. that would explain it.

I was noticing over the past 3 weeks that my skimmate production had really decreased since purchasing my APF600. And also when i removed the cup that the water level was lower(about 1-1/2") So I thought that maybe there wasnt much to skim out at first. Maybe things were fine and that was what i should expect.

then i was thinking about the instructions saying salt creep could get in the air intake of the recirculating pump. What i did was connect a air line tube to the little red airline valve beside the collection cup. and let it suck up about a 16oz cup worth of deionized water! It completely cleared the airline and the skimmer works like its new again. This method seems simpler then doing any dissasembly to clear blockage.

Also I run the airvalve completely open all the time. I did a little extra plumbing on the outflow for my skimmer.

Heres a pic before putting in sump

deltecpics001.jpg

you can see I added more piping on the outflow. I don't know if this would make for more dry skimmate. But it does control better exactly where the skimmer drains(less splashing in the sump)

running

skimmerf004.jpg

Maybe Byron at BRK would have a suggestion also. They are great to answar questions there.

David B.

Also, deltec is reputed to have excellent customer service. Here is a link to a forum you can ask any questions.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdis...amp;forumid=337

I plumbed mine into the drain from the tank. It actually took me about a month after purchasing to get it installed properly. I didnt have a lot of free time and also the plumbing part was difficult to figure out.

David B.