flatworms?

Charlie97L

are these them? (see pics in gallery).

i don't understand how i'm just now seeing them. i transferred over to the new tank (90) it was brand new. i didn't add any livestock since the 11th, and i never saw whatever this is in my old tank. now they are very abundant after 2 days in the new tank. i'm very confused.

HELP!?

pics are in my gallery... if someone could post them here, that would be great.

Edited by Charlie97L

I assume perhaphs this is the pic you might be talking about? gallery_761_98_253.jpg

Jason <-- doesn't have much experience with this sort of thing, but from an objective standpoint two ideas come to mind

1. Maybe the alreation in water properties has caused the bloom...?

2. Maybe adding your live stock stressing them out caused a change in some eating habits, perhaps something in your other setup was keeping them (flatworms) in check and now lacking that controlling factor they have the oppertunity to multiply?

Not the answer, just thoughts

I assume perhaphs this is the pic you might be talking about? gallery_761_98_253.jpg

Jason <-- doesn't have much experience with this sort of thing, but from an objective standpoint two ideas come to mind

1. Maybe the alreation in water properties has caused the bloom...?

2. Maybe adding your live stock stressing them out caused a change in some eating habits, perhaps something in your other setup was keeping them (flatworms) in check and now lacking that controlling factor they have the oppertunity to multiply?

Not the answer, just thoughts

good ideas... i have another theory... but will release to the experts... also i have a closeup, if someone could throw that on too.

i have nass and cerith snails that have been reproducing like crazy. could they be nass babies? i have no sand right now, but i did bring over a bunch of sand (in tupperware in the tank) to seed my new sand with. they are white.

Edited by Charlie97L

Here's a pic I found of Nassarius Eggs. Do you have anything that looks like this on the glass anywhere?

I don't think they're flat worms but I'm no expert.

NassariusEggs.jpg

And Cerith Eggs

Cerithlay4.jpg

can you get better shots please? yours are a bit too distant and fuzzy to make any definitive id.

my camera sucks... i got a pretty good closeup on the other shot in the gallery.

Looked at the other pic... (you should try posting in your reply)... just start a reply click the little blue box (next to the tree above wehre you type... should pop up a window with all your gallery pics in it, then just click on the one you want to insert)

Do they move? or are they stationary? (pics aren't good enough for me to tell).

Dave

They dont look like flatworms to me, or at like that ones that I had. If you look at the base of the zoo, you will see a number of them. They are a rusty brown color.

Flatworm pics

If you do get them, I tried a number of remedies, but finally had to go the flatworm exit route. I have a post somewhere around here :).

Good Luck,

John

are these them? (see pics in gallery).

i don't understand how i'm just now seeing them. i transferred over to the new tank (90) it was brand new. i didn't add any livestock since the 11th, and i never saw whatever this is in my old tank. now they are very abundant after 2 days in the new tank. i'm very confused.

HELP!?

pics are in my gallery... if someone could post them here, that would be great.

Looked at the other pic... (you should try posting in your reply)... just start a reply click the little blue box (next to the tree above wehre you type... should pop up a window with all your gallery pics in it, then just click on the one you want to insert)

Do they move? or are they stationary? (pics aren't good enough for me to tell).

Dave

thanks dave for the photo tip.

they are moving around, slowly. they are also pretty big... like 1/2" are the biggest.

Edited by Charlie97L