Marine Scene

emissary

So it's well known amongst some that I'm a huge fan of BRK. They simply rock. Wallys too is making great progress and I'm going back there periodically to watch the improvements in action.

What may surprise you more is that I find myself going back to Marine Scene. Here's what happened the last time I was there. I walked in to drop off some Xenia frags for store credit. The creditor wasn't there but they took them and started the acclimation. Meanwhile I was overhearing a conversation between a couple and an employee. Suddenly the word WAMAS popped out of the employees mouth -- I started paying attention. Sure enough the employee was referring them to WAMAS as a source of information and networking. Woah Cool! I suppose I should have expected that since they offer a 10% discount to card carrying WAMAS members... but I was for whatever reason suprised.

I stepped in of course and said, hey, I'm on WAMAS I have all the information you need and the employee gladly handed them over to me. They seemed pretty jazzed about getting involved after I explained some of the numerous benefits.

Directing customers to an organization to further their understanding of the hobby. Good work. Good job Marine Scene.

Every employee I've met there has done a great job. They are very helpful and they know their stuff. They've helped me out in the past. I don't have a single problem with anybody there. I used to shop there because of that. I've been to many LFS in the area. I like to try them all out and get a feel for what is in the area. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. I personally don't get to Marine Scene that much anymore as I found another store that I love. I'll hit Marine Scene every once and awhile to get some things that Fins & Feathers don't readily stock. The people that work there are great.