ETSS Skimmer question, ok this might be a dumb one

This is an ETSS 600 (going to be driving it with a mag 7) The water goes in, air bubbles up the column, water comes back out gate valve... easy right? Not when I'm involved. Pretty simple question actually, does the gate valve have to be above water level of my sump, or can it be even? Like will there be enough preassure to force water out or must it have no back preassure?

This is an ETSS 600 (going to be driving it with a mag 7) The water goes in, air bubbles up the column, water comes back out gate valve... easy right? Not when I'm involved. Pretty simple question actually, does the gate valve have to be above water level of my sump, or can it be even? Like will there be enough preassure to force water out or must it have no back preassure?

you want it above the water, but you can use a 45 degree elbow to put the return off the gate right above the waters surface and quiet it a bit.

is that angeling up from under the water surface, or above the water line down to the surface, and thanks for being a midnight board freak too :drink:

is that angeling up from under the water surface, or above the water line down to the surface, and thanks for being a midnight board freak too :drink:

above water down to surface.

but if you are feeling crazy, try under gonig up. other than a salt spray issue that might work as well just be careful that it does nto create a foutain and spill out the top of your tank.