LPS specific Polyp death

It seems as if the single lps polyp is affected by some kind of pest but can’t see anything.  Pic is tonight after being out of town for a few days.  Any ideas?

IMG_3607.jpeg

Can you get some clearer photos (daylight pic)? And all the other polyps are healthy?

Typically when I see top-down LPS damage like that, it's a fish that went rogue. That's not always the case, but... what's your inhabitant list? Shrimp and some other inverts can do this, too, but they usually go in from the sides.

Can you provide your tank parameters and general setup? It would also help to have a full tank shot.

Do you leave your pumps off for a long period?  Or has it happened recently?  I wonder if something settled on it and smothered it or something.

I've seen a little bit of direction-specific polyp loss from being overlit, where the rest of the coral still seemed fine, but it usually slowly spread out from that spot, was accompanied by bleaching, and it probably wouldn't be just a central polyp unless it was like conical.

A fish could certainly do something, but are there that many fish that would eat/damage the one polyp and then leave the rest alone in the long term?  Mine always came back for more eventually :laugh:

I don't think it is fish related.  No change in characters (Bristletooth, clowns, sixline, melanerus, dragonet).  

Pumps are only off during feeding and even then not all the time.  I did increase my photo period by 30 minutes

and switched it back last night but don't think that would do it.  It is on the sand bed.  I do have a few inverts (emerald,

cleaner, pep, banded, urchin.  

Am afraid it being some kind of worm or pest burrowing in.  Will do a bath today and see if that helps.

Parameters are all good and stable.  Everything is doing fine.  Mixed Reef (SPS Dominant) 80 Deep Blue

Thanks!