BIG Thumbs up for Fins & Feathers in Ashburn

Black Mammoth

I've been on Reef Central for a year and half (give or take), but I never joined WAMAS. I recently decided to join because in passing Sean mentioned something about it. After my great experiences with Sean, I decided I needed to join. I'm very happy that I did...but enough about that and back to my good experience with Sean.

I bought several items (Magnificient Foxface among other critters). After getting to know Sean a bit, I asked if he could get me a Female Bellus Angel. Sean said he can probably do that and he might have to try out some new suppliers, but he would do his best. Despite Sean having some problems initially, he was able to get this fish. What's the big deal? I had tried for OVER 9 months trying to get this beauty. I tried many times from a "famous" fish store in Reston (technically Herndon) with high prices. They couldn't guarantee me a female and if a male came in, I would have to take it. Obviously this wasn't acceptable. Sean said that wouldn't be his policy. He really came through on finding a tough fish for me. He jumped through a lot of hoops when he didn't have to. I was amazed that a LFS went the extra mile to help out one lowly customer.

But wait! It doesn't stop there. A week after I took it home, the fish developed lympho and I thought it was ick. Let me be clear on this, the fish was in perfect condition when I picked it up. It was healthy, eating, and looking great! Anyway, I was treating it the wrong way and nearly killed my beloved Bellus. I freaked out Sean said he would treat it for me since I couldn't do anything. When I brought it in he said it wasn't ick and my treatment was actually causing the conditions to get worse. He cleaned her up and educated me a bit on diseases...then I was on my way. I tried paying for his services, but he wouldn't take a dime for it. He said he help me because he knew how much I loved the fish and I was trying to do the right thing! He is a fish nut like everyone else on here. This is one of many reasons why I will continue to patron his store. For what it's worth I did find some dry goods to buy on that trip :)

Cliff Notes: F&F is a great place. Sean is a good guy. Make the trip to Ashburn, it is well worth it!

That's awesome! Glad to hear your girl made it.

Me too! Congratulations! I'd like to concur completely about Sean going the extra 10 miles (sometimes in my case literally :-)) to help those who care about the critters we are caretakers for. Without people like Sean I would have very unhappy tanks if they survived at all.

Thats great to hear. I have been out that way once, and need to get bak out there (its a 2 hour round trip drive for me). I think you might have started a run on Bellus angels. Very beautiful fish.

Oh yeah, Welcome to WAMAS.

Welcome to WAMAS!

Look forward to learning from you and hopefully I can offer up some useful advice to you in return.

This last year WAMAS has been blessed with the support of all the LFS, especially F&R and BRK.

hey sean! Glad to see you joined! Im happy that the bellus is doing well. The wamas club is a fantastic resource for info, frags, and help.

Cheers

Sean

O BTW Sean- Black Mammoth? HAHA

O BTW Sean- Black Mammoth? HAHA

It's funny what kind of screen names you come up with when you're 15. I've had this screen name for 14 years. I might as well keep it...the only truth to the name is the Mammoth part :lol:

I will see what I can do about posting some pics. It might be next month before I post as I have been super busy. I've been meaning to get in to F&F to replace my False Perc that mysteriously disappeared and Flame Angel.

Sean...I'll be back. Not only do I need a Flame, I need a small False Perc that mysteriously dissappeared. Not unless you already have them, I'll probably wait after I move in 2 weeks.