tickets for Northern VA Astronomy Club Almost Heaven Star Party

astroboy

I have three tickets with a camping spot for the yearly  observing session the Northern VA Astronomy Club has at Spruce Knob, WVa, Friday August 18 - Sunday August 21. This is a really great time for kids and adults with lectures on astronomy, bird watching, geology, etc. There are good activities for kids. During the nights hundreds of telescopes are set up and people are happy to let people have a look at any number of objects in the night sky. Spruce Knob is one of the darkest night skies east of the Mississippi, the Milky Way is clear as a bell and stars down to about the 7th magnitude are visible. August is a good time for observing since the direction towards the center of the galaxy is above the horizon which translates into great views of dozens celestial objects such as nebulae and globular clusters. The Andromeda galaxy is plainly visible. 

Day trips include things ranging from caving to the Cass Mountain Railroad, a steam engine up to the top of the mountains one valley over with a magnificent view of the Green Bank Observatory (radio telescopes). 

The AHSP has been great times for me and my kids but we can't make it this year. 

Information is at the website below:

https://www.ahsp.org

The tickets and camping slot total $245. Asking $150.

Thanks,

Mark