New to hobby. Looking for tank and supplies!

USMC1812

Hello everyone, my family and I recently became interested in this hobby, and have decided to start our first saltwater tank. Any advice is highly appreciated. Also, if anyone has a 90 or 120 gallon tank with the equipment that they’d like to sell, please let me know!

Thank you all in advance!

(edited)

Welcome - what about the hobby peaks your interest?  Is it the bight colored fish?   SPS branching corals?   Your goals will influence what equipment you need. Are you looking for an all in one system like this Waterbox AIO  or something with a sump like this aquarium? Waterbox with sump.

Edited by therootcause

26 minutes ago, USMC1812 said:

Hello everyone, my family and I recently became interested in this hobby, and have decided to start our first saltwater tank. Any advice is highly appreciated. Also, if anyone has a 90 or 120 gallon tank with the equipment that they’d like to sell, please let me know!

Thank you all in advance!

Welcome. Where in NOVA are you located?  I have a bunch of equipment for sale in nokesville. As well as some freebies to people just starting out. 

@therootcause Honestly, I took my kids to a carnival, where they won two gold fish. Unfortunately, the goldfish died, and when I went to the pet store, I was educated on the extensive care that both, saltwater and freshwater fish require. I decided this would be a good hobby to bond with my kids, teach them respect for wildlife, and enjoy the beautiful varieties of saltwater fish.

Just now, USMC1812 said:

@therootcause Honestly, I took my kids to a carnival, where they won two gold fish. Unfortunately, the goldfish died, and when I went to the pet store, I was educated on the extensive care that both, saltwater and freshwater fish require. I decided this would be a good hobby to bond with my kids, teach them respect for wildlife, and enjoy the beautiful varieties of saltwater fish.

The biggest name in the industry is BRS (Bulk Reef Supply).  The have an outstanding YouTube channel with several series about setting up a tank. 

Check these out, along with their 52 weeks of Reefing series.

Welcome. Where in NOVA are you located?  I have a bunch of equipment for sale in nokesville. As well as some freebies to people just starting out. 

Thank you!
I’m in Leesburg, and I wouldn’t mind driving to Nokesville to purchase equipment. I appreciate any advice you hand for a beginner as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest name in the industry is BRS (Bulk Reef Supply).  The have an outstanding YouTube channel with several series about setting up a tank. 

Check these out, along with their 52 weeks of Reefing series.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Once you figure out what sort of tank you want, if whatever you get doesn’t come with rock or sand, let me know. I’ve have plenty of each you can have for cheap.

I’m in Herndon.

Once you figure out what sort of tank you want, if whatever you get doesn’t come with rock or sand, let me know. I’ve have plenty of each you can have for cheap.

I’m in Herndon.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Welcome! I see that you're already a member - awesome! Keep an eye out on the classified ads, as there are often some amazing offers.

We're hosting Sanjay for our next meeting, so hopefully you can make it. There will be a bunch of local vendors, along with a great raffle to get you going!

Welcome! I see that you're already a member - awesome! Keep an eye out on the classified ads, as there are often some amazing offers.

We're hosting Sanjay for our next meeting, so hopefully you can make it. There will be a bunch of local vendors, along with a great raffle to get you going!

Great! Thank you for that info!