Hello

Mozart

Anyone in Dc that can help me or guide in the right direction. I have a 20g peninsula tank, I have everything I need. Just need help on how to start the process thanks.

Tanks generally start with a cycle, but there a number of ways to go about it, what are your goals for the tank?

You probably want an idea of what sand/rock/etc. you'll want in there (which should be informed by fish, coral, or other livestock preferences), and then pick a starting method - the preferred two are probably starting with bottled bacteria boosters or using live rock - but there are a number of ways to go about it and with enough time, pretty much any of them can get you to the same place.

Yeah, what DaJMasta said. Do you have any other equipment for the 20g? Is it an all in one (AIO?) do you have lights, wavemakers? A sump? Do you have an RO/DI at home, or are you buying your water? Do you have an Automatic Top Off (ATO?) Do you have any rock yet? Sand? 

Cycle is the starting point, but lets make sure you have the tools and equipment to get through a cycle. 

There’s a ton of great people here to help you out.

If you prefer conversations here or just sitting down with someone to walk you through it, folks on here are more than happy to do that. Sometimes it can help just seeing what someone else has done (there are lots of build threads to look at, once you have an understanding of the basics).

Another resource is to look at Bulk Reef Supply’s videos (I believe they have a couple of quick series on the basics of setting up a tank), then ask all the questions you have here. Just providing another source of info. Everyone has their preferred way of learning, so I like pointing out resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk