Question

Mbheat77

Salinity is on target at 35 ppt.

Ammonia and nitrite are both zero. That's good.

Nitrate looks to be about 20 ppm. That's OK.

Alk is 9.75 dKH which is on the high side of the normal range, so OK.

Calcium is a tad on the high side, but OK given the higher alkalinity concentration.

Phosphate is just high of the normally acceptable range but, given the 20 ppm nitrate, this should drop as nutrients are taken up.

All in all, these numbers are good. As long as any other pollutants that we're previously discussed are under control, things will hopefully be better.

Sent from my Note 10+5g using Tapatalk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/19/2023 at 9:53 PM, Origami said:

Salinity is on target at 35 ppt.

Ammonia and nitrite are both zero. That's good.

Nitrate looks to be about 20 ppm. That's OK.

Alk is 9.75 dKH which is on the high side of the normal range, so OK.

Calcium is a tad on the high side, but OK given the higher alkalinity concentration.

Phosphate is just high of the normally acceptable range but, given the 20 ppm nitrate, this should drop as nutrients are taken up.

All in all, these numbers are good. As long as any other pollutants that we're previously discussed are under control, things will hopefully be better.

Sent from my Note 10+5g using Tapatalk

Ok great. I will be testing again this weekend. I put the livestock back in and started feeding the dt. I have 3 chromis, a cardinal, 2 fire shrimp, 1 peppermint shrimp, and 10 each snails and hermits. So far corals are opening up and fish doing good. Algae is minimal and skimmer is doing job. Need to tune that a little more. Skim is very watery and light brown. But I will send #'s when I test. Thanks