Wanting to order huge tank - pros and cons of local store vs. ordering?

nburg

3 minutes ago, nburg said:

That would be awesome. I have 3 flat dolly carts for Lowe’s but the wheels are not huge and can’t always make it over the thresholds with out a little lifting.

I’m in safety and health consulting so I am applicable to all businesses :)

Aww yeah! I'm in security research and development. Work consultation it is!

• 2 months later...

Just got an email my Tank is done and just made it to the US. Still have to have it shipped - probably from California, but the day is finally coming!!

I will be looking for anyone willing to help soon!!

• 3 weeks later...

There were 5 of us. We could have done it with 4, but 5 was definitely helpful. If you have a long distance or have to go up steps, having 6 might be good to have fresh legs halfway thru, lol. The 200 is problem not that much heavier. Suction cup handles are a must. I would rent all 8 from WAMAS. 

It was actually not as heavy as we thought but still really heavy. We didn’t have to go up stairs or anything which made it easy. So we lifted it off the pallet to the ground. Flipped it on its front panel so it would fit thru the condo door. Lifted it into 3 moving dolly carts, strapped them to the tank. Moved it (via elevator and hallways) and the. Lifted onto the tank. 

The stand is light. I moved it, but it and leveled it on my own before the help arrived. 

By the way, you’ll love the tank. Its build quality is amazing. This thing is a beautiful beast and should last forever. Super happy with it. 

you can rent 8 from WAMAS for I think $25 total if you're a paid member - just reach out to @Origami

I used composite shims on the front feet. There is like a foam pad on the 4 posts - I shimmed the 2 front with composites since they don't warp or rot like wood shims.