Long, thin worms/tentacles reaching out of snail shell?

Kathryn Lawson

Anyone know what this might be? I noticed a bunch of what looked like long, thin worms crawling around one piece of coral. Upon investigation, they all seemed to be coming out of the (formerly?) empty snail of a lightning dove snail. When I moved the shell, they retracted inside almost like tentacles. After a little while, they re-emerged, and the longest ones stretched up to ~1.5 inches from the opening of the shell! I tried to get some photos and videos of it (due to size restrictions, I could only post one short clip and I'm not sure it's going to show correctly). Has anyone seen something like this before? Should I be concerned?

20221120_213159.thumb.jpg.5f88acc3036675fe071e0ace808dd239.jpg20221120_213703.thumb.jpg.c84995ac7c582c8471e395f3ea3b42df.jpg

Edited by Kathryn Lawson
Video post attempt

Yeah, spaghetti worms, but for whatever reason the ones in my tank seem to be red, mostly.  The tentacles look like individual worms, but they meet up in a base that's thicker and less worm like.

It may be worth noting if you want to try to grow them for whatever reason - they seem to like empty shells.  I pulled an old shell out of my tank yesterday and managed to pour out like three of them after it had been sitting on the sandbed for months.