RO question

reeferindc

Hello I am planning to get back in the hobby soon after being away a few years. I have a general question it may have been answered if so , please point me to the thread. When I return to the hobby I plan on getting a RO unit . I have never had a RO unit . My question is “ If I am using a RO unit for water do I need to add anything to the water in terms of drops , etc.?

You just connect the supply to the RODI (make sure it's RODI not just RO) unit and voila! You have clean water. There's a lot that goes into which unit to buy so take care in doing the research. We can help with that of course if you provide a bit more on what your setup (including what your water source connection looks like) is.

Air, water and ice is a WAMAS sponsor. Check their section, you may get a discount. There are the other usuals from the online retailers. Truth be told, most of it are the same 10" canister filters. The differences come in the quality of the pre-filters (how many microns) and the RO (but even that is universal as Dow Filtec pretty much is the standard. Then there is the DI, color changing or not, etc. You need to determine how much water you want to produce. The most basic and good for smaller tanks is 75 gpd and go up from there. Then you need to determine how many stages. The most basic and good for most is the 4 stage (carbon, sediment, RO and DI). You can add more stages if you want and a lot do.

The biggest thing is to determine how you're going to connect and how you're going to store the contraption (it is not small) and your reservoir. A few quick searches here and elsewhere will provide some ideas to start with.