RODI help

edress714

Hello once again. I just got my rodi set up (after buying it and letting it sit for a few weeks) it was used. I got it set up and I get drops coming consistently on the clean end but nothing coming from the dirty water end. Was this a shot rodi?

(edited)

You should still get water out of the drain if the ro membrane is bad. Is there a flow restrictor inline on the waste side? If you try taking that off, do you get any waste flow?

Edited by Octoman

There was this weird restrictor I removed. Had a long wire stuck to the end of it. Now I get waste water but the clean water stopped lol

When I plug up the dirty water the clean water starts to come out.

You need the waste restrictor to provide enough back pressure to push water through the ro. But if you have no flow with it in place it sounds like the restrictor may be clogged.

I was just told that this is normal and old RODIs don't have a waste line where water leaves out. Just one in and one out

You've got something hooked up funky there. Pull the manufactures recommendations from the WWW and double check your setup.

How would I clean the one in the pic?

Put your lips together and whistle.

Or blow. Or just replace the pipe and the end piece. Up to you. I'd go with a replacement, what size tubing, Home Depot probably has it.

Put your lips together and whistle.

Or blow. Or just replace the pipe and the end piece. Up to you. I'd go with a replacement, what size tubing, Home Depot probably has it.

This is the flow restrictor tube. It's really tiny. Can't even stick a needle in it

This is the flow restrictor tube. It's really tiny. Can't even stick a needle in it

Well. It's clearly clogged. If it were me, I would try boiling water, blowing, whateves. Good luck.

Well. It's clearly clogged. If it were me, I would try boiling water, blowing, whateves. Good luck.

glad you're awake this late. Thanks for the advice. will give it a shot before I get in bed lol

so you bought Bob's old r/o? If you need a capillary flow restrictor tube, I have one available for free. It may be longer  than yours but you can cut it to length.

so you bought Bob's old r/o? If you need a capillary flow restrictor tube, I have one available for free. It may be longer  than yours but you can cut it to length.

Sending you a pm