Starting again

Guest mikesroth

Guest mikesroth

OK, watching Jen start up her tank has made me want to restart my 29 gallon tank.  My 29 was doing fine until we had gone on vacation, and when we came back it was algae city.  I was getting that under control, but on top of that I had gotten some 'bad' narcisus (ok I cant spell to save my life) snails.  These guys ate all my other snails, and I believe most of my corals.  Which then again sent my algae again through the roof.  I got disgusted a basically let the tank go dry.

So.... my question is... after I clean the tank back out, can I reuse my old sand and rock, or should I start back over?

Guest clownfish4
Has it just been sitting out?  If so, all the stuff will be dead, so its not useful.  You can use it as base sand/rock and add some fresh live sand and live rock.

Guest mikesroth
Yep... Ok, that is what I was hoping.  I figure I will go ahead and scrub the rock some to get some of the ook off of it.  (yes Ook is the scientific name for it :D )

Guest mikesroth
I see that there is some advantages to just letting it all dry out.... Most of that Gunkus.funnkymess just flakes off now. :)