Temporary Tank set up

fellterrier

Any one familiar with this kind of set up? It has internal filter compartment with overflow and a tray for bio balls. I’m thinking that I can put filter media over the bio balls. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.7a7eb8f6c2f044b69426ad152f5d086b.jpg

a5fbddf92931edeff406cb91a8af28eb.jpg

22951b92a2acdd7e908850087ac28789.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

I think that style was pretty popular with acrylic fresh water tanks a while back. Basically like a big all in one with a built in surface skimmer and filter. I think you would just need a pump in that space to pump water out, and that would push water in. they're a paint to work with because the bracing usually restricts your arm from getting in there, but you could put filter floss on the tray with bio balls under it. you could probably stick a heater back there too if you put it on the overflow side.

Edited by nburg
a word

Thanks. it has a hole in it on the side to put a pump that will be inside the tank. I’m trying to decide on using this tank which is 100 gallons 5ft long or a 72 gallon bow front 4ft with a canister filter and hang on back skimmer. Tank will be lps and fish. I keep going back and forth. Trying to decide which way to go.my livestock will be in either one for about a year.

I personally don't like bow front tanks, they always make me dizzy, lol.  This tank looks like it could take a HOB skimmer placed in the filter section somewhere. It may be a better option in the short term because the surface skimming this will do will make it look much nicer, canister filters are a PITA to service and you'll end up with a funky film on top of the water surface unless the skimmer has a built in surface skimming attachment. 

I have a hob skimmer that I’m gonna check later this evening. If it fits that’s the route I’m probably going to go. Im going to put my 300 gallon in storage until I move into another house. I got to make the decision soon.