House of Tropics Complaint

arking_mark

Normally, I would never disparage a local establishment, but after today's experience, I feel I must share.

1. I haven't been there in years, since they are 50 minutes away from me. However, the past times I was there they were always the best option in the area for quality and fish.

2. I called on Friday for a CBB fish and was told they have several healthy specimens and would put one on hold that I could pickup on Sunday.

3. I make the trip up only to find that the CBB held was injured and diseased.

4. Looking at several other tanks, the condition of many of the fish was poor.  Many of the fish had ick and other health issues.

I immediately left having wasted about 2hrs of my day.

However, the worst part was seeing many people buying fish that if not properly QT'd at home will probably wipe out their tank and require a fallow period.

Warning to all who shop there.

I have to concur. I’m ok with purchasing equipment from them. But their livestock is questionable. I’ve pointed out dead fish a number of times. I’m sure the owner cares. It’s his available selection of employees that I think is the source of his woes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am about 7 or 8 minutes away from HOT and for the past couple of years, they have "improved" (believe it or not). They are definitely not like how they were years ago (according to OG reefers around the area). 

The owners are looking to sell the store so that might also be a factor.