Damselfish ID- supposed to be azure but don't think so

VA Reefdog

So earlier this month I purchased a captive bred azure damselfish from a LFS near me.  At least I ordered and was told it was an azure when it was sold to me.

It was quarantined, is getting along with the rest of its tank mates for last two weeks-- but I am worried it is actually a Similar Damsel (Pomacentrus similis).

The yellow color is confined to the tail only and the body seems elongated for an azure.

Any thoughts?  If it gets along with everyone- just let it be?

51411559606_111b5f7daa_z.jpgIMG_9677 (1) by Greg Lorenz, on Flickr

Thank you for your help.

Greg

I have an Azure and it got along with everyone until about the 9 month mark. Now it fights with the royal gramma also added at the same time. Pretty regularly. 

(edited)

Jason the filter freak--  does your azure have more yellow?  I am basing my questions from the typical pictures found on live-aquaria.  I was expecting a more rounded fish (more like the shape of a chromis) and with a yellow band on its belly- which mine doesn't have.  It has just a more pale belly- not yellow colored.  Not sure if they develop the yellow belly later or if I have a different species of damsel.  I am attaching the pic from live-aquaria for reference-- it seems more rounded of a fish much more yellow.

I guess if the fish keeps being an ok citizen- I'll just live with which ever damsel type it is and if starts fighting or getting territorial- then it might get moved to the sump.

Any thoughts on the ID?  (NOTE- this is picture from Live Aquaria captive bred azure)

Azure Damselfish

Edited by VA Reefdog