Probably the dumbest question ever: can "too much air" be killing my chaeto? (Aka what's killing my chaeto?)

TL:DR my chaeto keeps dying and I don't know why. Algae reactor traps a ton of air from skimmer.

Basically my macro reactor is constantly 100% of the time full of air because new generation skimmers are stupid as H-E-double hockey sticks (can't direct the effluent). 

At any rate my reactor has a TON of air bubbles in it all the time. All throughout the reactor chamber, I can tell because when I strike it massive amounts of air rise from the bottom to join the bubbles already collected at the top. 

I digress. I've had my last few batches of chaeto die off completely and at one point I used to grow huge thick wads of the stuff in my tank. 

I don't think my tank is "too clean" as I have a heavy fish bioload, feed 1-2xdaily, dose aminos daily, and feed reef roids a couple times a week. I have not dosed vibrant nor fluconazole in months. And I do have some amount of nuisance algae in my display 

1. No I can't move my skimmer nor reactor to another chamber. (No room)

2. No I can't buy another skimmer, I'm on my 4th different one this time an escence 130. (No room, depth not adjustable enough, budget)

3. No I can't ditch the reactor (not enough room for loose macro, not enough room for a scrubber.) And it used to work very well for a while

20210719_223510.jpg

Is the flow of water into the reactor the discharge from the skimmer or does it have its own pump?

What’s the piping run look like into the reactor?

Is the (independent) reactor pump in a fixed location or could it be moved away from the skimmer discharge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously running yet w different skimmer than the tank and sump shots. Nonetheless, I have the macro reactor inlet turned as far away from the skimmer effluent as I can. Even added a sponge to the inlet of the macro reactor. I still get a ton of bubbles.

Screenshot_20210720-081033_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210720-081052_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210720-081203_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210720-081949_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210720-082020_Chrome.jpg