Leaving for 1.5 month. Beginner conservation question

salat

(edited)

Hello!

I am leaving till mid August tonight (27th). I have IM 10g tank established week ago. I am going to ask elder neighbor to top up with distilled water, but nothing else possible.

1. I do not have live rock. Only sand from transferred from live tank week ago. And there is more than twice sand than needed.

2. I have added some chaeto from same live tank.

3. I have added several blue and red leg small hermit crabs. One of them was killed on the next day, others look good. + 3 nassarius + 3 smaller astreas + 1 turbo snails

4. I was donated big leaf of GSP which is biggest question. It still do not want to attach and never opened.

Questions:

1. will the tank survive 1.5 month as is?

2. what should I do with GSP. How can I know if it is dead? I think it might not been able to attach because I did not glue it on, just fixed with forks against the wall and it kind of flopping in the flow. Should I remove it to avoid water poisoning when it start to degrade? Should I attach the whole piece with superglue? Or may be cut it in smaller pieces and attach them?

3. What settings for AI Prime HD (not 16) would be preferred for this time to keep chaeto good and probably GSP?

IMG_1555.JPEG

IMG_1558.JPEG

Edited by salat
add

So you're leaving tonight?

It doesn't look like you have much in the tank so if things go south, you won't lose too much. I wouldn't worry about your GSP fouling your tank if it dies. I'd be more worried about keeping your hermits fed so they don't kill each other and your snails too. The AI Prime will light what you have pretty easily with just some basic settings of 8 to 10 hours max. You don't have light intensive stuff.

Make sure your neighbor tops off regularly. If anything, it's this that'll foul your tank. Good luck!

1 minute ago, howaboutme said:

So you're leaving tonight?

It doesn't look like you have much in the tank so if things go south, you won't lose too much. I wouldn't worry about your GSP fouling your tank if it dies. I'd be more worried about keeping your hermits fed so they don't kill each other and your snails too. The AI Prime will light what you have pretty easily with just some basic settings of 8 to 10 hours max. You don't have light intensive stuff.

Make sure your neighbor tops off regularly. If anything, it's this that'll foul your tank. Good luck!

cool. At what percent of power I need to set AI Prime? Currently running at 15%

15% seems low, probably okay for chaeto. If you want your gsp to do well, I'd bump it up a bit, maybe 50%. I only say that because you'll be away and can't attend to any algae bloom if you have your light too high. There's no clear answer. It's a guessing game. Too late now but considering you only have what you have, I would have broken down the tank for a 1.5 month leave.

2 hours ago, howaboutme said:

15% seems low, probably okay for chaeto. If you want your gsp to do well, I'd bump it up a bit, maybe 50%. I only say that because you'll be away and can't attend to any algae bloom if you have your light too high. There's no clear answer. It's a guessing game. Too late now but considering you only have what you have, I would have broken down the tank for a 1.5 month leave.

Thank you for response!
Do you think if GSP die finally it would pollute the water? It shows no signs of vitality.

There is no any sign of algae after week+ with 15% probably because sand came from established live tank.

What colors better to be enabled? I guess white is useless for anything, right?