Dosing Phytoplankton small amount?

thewire

I see they are recommended to dose about 15ml for every 50g. Based on that number, my 6/7g tank only need a little. Do you know guys where I can find a 12oz or less bottle? :) Since this stuff has a shelf life less than 3 months

every place i found has 16oz for sale that would last me 7 months! LOL

4 hours ago, lynn.reef.nerd said:

Which brand are you using? I found that each company has their own recommended dosage. 

Not using anything now. Exploring the option since My tank is so tiny and hate to buy so much then 80% goes to waste or culturing my own? Or buy small amount from local peeps? What you think?

4 hours ago, thewire said:

Not using anything now. Exploring the option since My tank is so tiny and hate to buy so much then 80% goes to waste or culturing my own? Or buy small amount from local peeps? What you think?

I am currently using reefnutrition phytofeast. I get the non-live one and they usually have a longer shelf life (3-6 months ???). The effort is not worth culturing your own if you aren't using a whole lot. I know some local reefers have started to culture and sell them for good prices too if you are looking for live sources. 

1 minute ago, lynn.reef.nerd said:

I am currently using reefnutrition phytofeast. I get the non-live one and they usually have a longer shelf life (3-6 months ???). The effort is not worth culturing your own if you aren't using a whole lot. I know some local reefers have started to culture and sell them for good prices too if you are looking for live sources. 

Culturing would be a PITA if I am only using very small amount. I want to give it a try to see if make any different. Know anyone in DC/VA side that sell them for small amount?