Replacement Pump for a PSK-1000

YHSublime

I have an Avast CS1 that had the PSK-1000 seize up on it, like a million years later.

I notice you're now carrying the Sicce Syncra Water Pumps, and I'm wondering which, if any of those models, would be an appropriate substitute to put back onto this CS1?! Hopefully as reliable as this PSK-1000 has been! 

Unfortunately the syncra pumps are all just plain water pumps (except the pinwheel version of the 1.5 for ozone reactors).  So you're best off getting a replacement PSK-1000 online somewhere.  They aren't hard to find.  You may just need a new impeller, did you pull it out to check it?

19 minutes ago, ctenophore said:

Unfortunately the syncra pumps are all just plain water pumps (except the pinwheel version of the 1.5 for ozone reactors).  So you're best off getting a replacement PSK-1000 online somewhere.  They aren't hard to find.  You may just need a new impeller, did you pull it out to check it?

I did pull it out to check it. The motor doesn't kick in at all. 

Heard on that, thanks for the quick reply. FYI, tried to just send you a message but it says you can't receive them. 

Weird that the pump isn't doing anything when plugged in.  Do you see any signs of a compromised epoxy potting or frayed power cord at the motor block?

I haven't been able to get messages here for a long time.  Best and fastest way to contact is always support@avastmarine.com

1 hour ago, ctenophore said:

Weird that the pump isn't doing anything when plugged in.  Do you see any signs of a compromised epoxy potting or frayed power cord at the motor block?

I haven't been able to get messages here for a long time.  Best and fastest way to contact is always support@avastmarine.com

Nope, looks to be in fine condition, I'll double check it again, won't hurt to have a backup either way.