Almost 8 years of Hiatus....ordered tank!

So after 8 years of hiatus, I have decided to buy an Innovative Marine Fusion 10 tank. Since DA is out of business and Neptune controller is literally price gouge, I am going different direction. Here are some of the things I will be doing

Parts are ordered

1) Temperature and cooling automation using  STC-1000 that will automatic cool or heat the tank as needed - tied to heater and PC fan. Cost $22 on parts not including heater or PC fan

2) Optical Sensor DIY ATO - Pretty simple project probably cost $20

Things I still need to get

1) RODI unit since I sold mine

2) Decision on lighting - AI Prime HD or blackbox. I think AI is overpriced just because we can control it.

Welcome! Looks like a very awesome little DIY project. Look up Aquaknight fixtures as well. Pretty nice sub $100 led setup, would be awesome for the 10 gallon. I'd use one of them if I weren't using a Prime16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ImGoingCoastal said:

Welcome! Looks like a very awesome little DIY project. Look up Aquaknight fixtures as well. Pretty nice sub $100 led setup, would be awesome for the 10 gallon. I'd use one of them if I weren't using a Prime16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I am looking at that as well as HIPARGERO as well. Both of them looks good and range from $60-$100. Way cheaper than AI

Oh I will be doing a lot 3D print project too. I need to get PETG filament first.

Edited by thewire

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Salty Rambler said:

Welcome back! 

thanks! a lot things i need to buy! small things too

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back to the hobby. I took about 7 years off before my last tank and one I've just set up. So much changes in that time. The club is here to help. Good luck.