Looking for contact to donate used equipment

Laurie

2 years ago I retired and started traveling a lot. So I decommissioned my 125 gal reef tank of 20+years. All the equipment has been in dry storage since. I’m certain that I won’t be getting back into the hobby and now need to find a home for all or it is going in the dumpster. Some have a lot of hours on them but worked fine when I decommissioned them. Some are barely used or even never used.

I had made donations in the past to schools through Wamas members that sponsored tanks. I would like to do that again, but don’t know who to contact. Can anyone hook me up with whomever does that sort of thing now?

Here’s a sample of what I have.

Nice pieces of coral rock for aquascaping, Never used Bio Balls, Canister Filter, 2 RO filter 4 stage systems, 1/2hp dropin Chiller, Iwaki and PanWorld pumps, unopened Tropic Marin Pro reef salt, 20gal refugium, Sump, VHO ballasts. Lots of other maintenance stuff.

FYI, I live near Frederick, MD.

@Laurie Hey Laurie! That's very generous of you! It's good people like you that have made the tanks in my classroom possible. I know I personally would love the chiller at the very least. I've been stressing about how I'm going to keep many tanks cool enough in the summer months when the air isn't always on.

There is also a specific thread for school donations if you wanted to post your information there. I'm not sure how often it's checked, but this one has had some activity so I know there are at least a handful of other schools that use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm no longer a Wamas member, I can't access threads that are member only. If you are interested in coming to see what I have, please contact me via my email addresses. 

4bigpaws@comcast.net