MD Tank Tours Aug. 13

Gatortailale

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?act=...y=2006&m=8&d=13

Tank tour, 1-4 pm, August 13th

I somehow managed to be in town on the date of a MD/DC tank tour. Nothing pimped, but I promise to scrape the glass and clean up the salt creep.

I won the 90 gallon reef at the WAMAS symposium a few years ago. The goal was a gorgonian/softy tank, but the SPS has taken over. The sump/fuge, Ca reactor and autotopoff are all DIY, so come and poke fun, learn or suggest improvements.

071806whole_tank_6597.jpg

Some closer shots. Haven't taken too many recently.

tang_5545.jpg

foxface_5528.jpg

The seahorse/seagrass/gorgonian tank started last winter. I thought it would be fun to put some CB seahorses into a ptch reef style tank, with a few piles of live rock, some gorgonians, and turtle grass planted in a vDSB. I just added a second, younger pair with the original spiky pair I got from Jorge Gomezjurado in January.

6609tank.jpg

Mr and Mrs Spike

011506spikes_5371.jpg

The newbs going into quarantine

6541in_bag.jpg

There will be snacks, beverages, plus lots of various monti and gorgonian frags, mushrooms, chaeto and maybe a few acro frags as well.

Address:

It's a few miles from Rik's tour.

Hey all:

I have decided to have a Tank Tour on Sunday August 13th

It will be form 2pm on. (CMAS has a TT in Towson from 1-3 then they will be heading down my way - I hope) I would like to have things wraped up by 5:30 if possible.

I have a Euro-braced 65x36x25 tank with a 48x30x18 sump. My frag tank is attached to the system and is a 65 wide (36x24x18). All 3 tanks are from Glasscages.

You can see some older pictures HERE but things will look much different by the TT as will be re-aquascaping soon and adding some old equipment back on to the tank (UV etc....)

Here is a picture I took @ lunch today:

FT2.jpg

As people who have seen my tank will notice, I lost lots of corals in a mini crash last month. Just means I have lots of room to fill with new stuff. (old pic below)

FT1.jpg

-Rik

Please post here if you are planning to come over