Iwaki pump

dzekunoi

My return pump is not quiet...

Well, I have a Gen X GX8500 Submersible Pump as my return on my 125 gal. I calculated ( maybe I made a mostake but...) that at head I have and with water pushing through UV sterilizer I have somewhat 1000 gal/hour circulation.

The problem is - I'm not happy with the level of noise it creates.

Does anybody have any suggestion what pump I can try? Because I do not have much room in the cabinet anymore I need it to be submersible AND I want it to give me at least 1200 GPH AND to be silent.

Can Iwaki be used submersed?

:why: :drink:

Inna,

I believe all the Iwakis are external pumps. I had a MD70RLT that I used for my whole past system, work fine but being that it was only feet from my bed, a bit noisy!

Ipersonally recommend MAG's but some won't, but I never had a problem with them! Would go with a MAG12 or 18 for your 125g system. I would use the pump to run your returns, Skimmer, UV, frag tank, etc and use powerheads, Seios or #1 Tunzes in the tank for any additional flow!

Let me 2nd what howard said Inna, I use to mag 18s (both ~1200 GPH after head loss) on my 180... I love the submersible part of it, and they are simply made and easy to work with/on.

The only draw back is that in sump they do generate heat, and so if you are pushing high heat allready that may be a concern, if you don't have heat issues than it's a good way to go.

Dave

Wow I was going to type something that came out kinda wierd...

Anyway, Inna if you want you can come listen to the mags I have in my sump (if that will help at all).

Dave

Wow I was going to type something that came out kinda wierd...

Anyway, Inna if you want you can come listen to the mags I have in my sump (if that will help at all).

Dave

Thanks Dave, probably would help. Are you going to have a host a tank tour or sell frags soon? Would be nice to combine two things. :)

I am always selling frags... In fact I have one of the red monti digi if you want it...

Also I have some RPE(s) (check my web site for pics... gorgeous zoos)...

Don't know what else you would be interested in...(I have frag of blue/teal mili, and pink birdsnest)... Also considering fragging my green & my purple cap, but haven't as of yet... also hammer frags if you haven't gotten one allready.

I allready have someone coming on saturday, so that day would work well...

Dave

Eheim pumps are great.

I have also used many Mags internally and externally with great results.