Reefing Resurrection

Greetings!

It's been 10 years since I've had a tank and about 7 months ago I picked up a 125g tank that is a freshwater community tank.  While it's been great having a tank to sit and stare at I've really missed the amount of life and color that comes with a full on reef tank.  So that leads me to my new project which was long term but seems to be taking an accelerated path.

So whats the plan....  The initial setup will be four 40g breeders plumbed (1 1/2" drain) to a 150g Rubbermaid stock tank with 3/4" dual returns in each corner over the top.  Long term I believe I'll have space to expand to 1-2 more racks or 1 large tank.  I've had two 75g reefs before and never felt like I had enough space so this design will allow me to have a decent amount of space with room to grow.  I also wanted to go with four separate tanks so i can divide coral types so there isn't any chemical warfare and also different types of fish.  Stock tank will house a bunch of rock and I'm planning to rig up a floating basket for cheato. 

Equipment... I picked up a Mag 18 return from someone getting out of the hobby for cheap so that will be the starter return pump.  I have two extra small Mag pumps i'm thinking of running in the sump to keep detritus down  Skimmer is still up in the air.  Lights I've decided to go with LEDs but I'm not decided on brand or model as of yet.  I've got 1 300w jegar heater plan to buy another or two.  Once i see how much flow i get from the return lines I'll look into power heads.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but this is a start.

Huge thanks to @Telegraham for helping me with drilling the tanks today!!  Next step will be stands.

post-2632765-0-58227400-1536611633_thumb.png

Edited by FormulatedFire