ASM Skimmer

rsaavedra

I'm going to be upgrading to a 75G with a 30G/40G breeder sump and 5G refugium. I am confussed by the ratings of ASM and ASM Skimmer.

G2

ASM Tank Rating: 200 gallons

Our Tank Rating: 110 gallons

G3

ASM Tank Rating: 250 gallons

Our Tank Rating: 180 gallons

Not so sure why the company rates them that high and asmskimmer.com rates them lower.

So i don't really know what skimmer will be the better option for me, if I buy from ASMSkimmers.com I plan on the gate valve mod and the recirculating mod from them. Does anyone has any of this skimmer with or without the mods, please post some experiences.

Raf

If you can fit it in your sump (the recirculating mod makes it have a larger footprint) then go for the G3. I have one on my 90, works pretty well without any mods.

Raf,

I've got a G4 with the gate valve mod... thinking about doing the recirc mod, but just haven't gotten the guts up to do it..

Dave

Raf,

I've got a G4 with the gate valve mod... thinking about doing the recirc mod, but just haven't gotten the guts up to do it..

Dave

I've been using a G2 and a G3 on 2 set-ups with no mods. Been happy with them.

tim

For all you ASM users the gate valve mod which is very easy to do is a MUST HAVE mod... It really helps you finely adjust your skimmer and how and what it pulls from the tank.

Dave