Rock cycle

finaddict

So I will be starting my pukani dry rock curing tomorrow. It is picked clean but I was wondering if I should add anything to the water for the first week or so help get rid of the organic matter I couldn't get? I figure anything to help breakdown the organic for about a week then water change then add some live rock from ,y current tank to start the good bacteria. Any suggestion other than acid to help get rid of organics?

Typically I use a natural method, saltwater, heater, power head, skimmer and time.   But BRS has a great video comparing methods to reduce initial organics, link below...shows great results with bleach in the first week.  I think I will try bleach next time.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/view/brstv-investigates-what-is-the-best-way-to-cure-dry-live-rock/

Will not post entire link....google this ;

BRStv Investigates: What is the best way to cure dry live rock?

I decided against any bleach or acid washes on this go around... I have heard of people adding ammonia or fish pellets or something like the Instant Ocean BIO-spira... I am just not clear on how these additives impact the rock cycle and whether or not I should use them or just soak my rock.