Some aquarium humor

JC Pollman

If you have not ventured into the Bryopsis and Baking Soda arena, it is worth going through some of the threads for a few chuckles. Note: these are professionals and should not be attempted at home! A few examples:

Fish Dyeing

Fish list for a Nano

Overflow Dangers

An example: New heater

There is a new heater out based on entirely new technology. It's called the micro-heater. Fascinating technology, it looks like a normal heater, but is a little fatter at the bottom. I think that the bottom must be where the microwave bulb rests. It's 1200W and will get the tank to it's proper temp in about 30 seconds. At first I was worried about the new heater, you know, fish can't change their temp that fast. But then I realized that the new heater would heat up the fish at the same speed as the rest of the tank. That must be what they mean by "Instant Acclimation"

It's really cool for other reasons as well. If you grind up a bunch of aluminum or other metal and pour it in the tank, the heater will make all the bits sparkle just like star trek - what could the fish like more than riding in a tank that looks like a startrek transporter beam?!?

There is a warning, something about a pacemaker, but my grndma didn't notice when she came over, so I kept my mouth shut.