Should I buy a controller

linkfalcon

On my old tank I never had a controller

Do u think I should get one

I have a jeabo return pump and maxspec led light and IM ato do u think I should get one and if so which one should I get and why

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

In the roughly 25 years I've been doing this, my current setup is the first time I've used a controller (just over a year now) and I enjoy what it brings to the table. I don't trust anything so I don't have it doing anything important but still find it very handy (doubt I'll ever let it dose anything). Right now, it controls the lights, provides redundancy for the heaters (controllers probes plus the heaters thermostats that are set 1° higher), ATO (5g res so things cant go full tard), and a couple other functions. At this point, I wouldn't let it go but it certainly isn't necessary; the biggest plus is the ability to monitor from afar as I'm away from home roughly 40% of the year and help walk my wife through issues that it ques me on before things get too far out of hand. 

With that said, I run a Reef Angel and love it but the unit isn't for everyone. I've toyed with switching over to GHL for the last six months because I can clean up some wires but the capabilities of the RA make it a hard sell. 

Edited by madweazl