Advice on Moving Tank and Green Hair Algea

AUFishGuy

Looking for advice on addressing my GHA problem while moving my tank. Tank is a 90 gallon reef.

Right after Xmas my tank crashed. I lost most everything except for some softies and 2 anemones. Before the crash I was having a problem with GHA and I was feeding very little but saw no effect. After the crash I did 2 large water changes a week apart but still the GHA blew up and is now everywhere. I will be using a GFO Reactor going forward to see if that helps. My question is what to do about the GHA while I have the rocks in tubs while moving the tank. I am re-plumbing so the rocks will be in tubs for a couple of days. One suggestion has been Lanthium Chloride but I am hesitant. I know I will need to manually remove as much as I can but looking for any other tips on how to address it. I will also be ditching my sand and getting new, hopefully that will help as well.

TIA

Might be a good time to have a lights off period and big water changes to remove the released nutrients. If your rocks are leaching nutrients it wont be enough time though.