Clownfish Wont Lay Her Eggs

Squishie89

So my pair of clownfish have been breeding now for almost a year, which has been amazing. However a couple weeks ago I had to move some rocks, and of course these rocks were in the breeding zone and I could not get the rocks exactly back to how they were. The male continued to care for the eggs until hatching. It takes a few more days till the female will lay eggs, but she hasn't. I can see her fat with eggs. I don't really care if they breed or not, my concern is for her health. Will her body reabsorb the eggs? Can fish get egg bound? Will she just hold the eggs till she decides a spot is good enough? Should I try to fix the rocks again?

Could go either way - reabsorb or get eggbound. Is her ovipositor out? How many days is she overdue?

Her ovipositor has not come out. I have in my records that the last batch of eggs hatched on the 5th, so she is over 2 weeks over due at this point. She is still eating well and acting like her self. Since the whole rock moving thing and once the eggs hatched, the clowns moved from the more right side RBTA to the left one and tonight I stuck a thing in the tank to see which side they were protective of and they now are protecting the right. However there are no good clutch spots over there so I put an old clam shell half in so they have something smooth to lay eggs on.

If she is eating and acting fine, then there should not be any problems. Just watch for inflamation on the underside of her belly. There are things you can do when a female is impacted, but you are not there yet :)

• 1 month later...

Update, found eggs yesterday! I am just so happy Jon, the female, is okay. The slightly bad news, although I couldn't care less, is the male has either forgotten how to take care of eggs or has given up lol. a8cd6c88943727e375acf7262a5bb456.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk