Zeovit System for LPS and Softies

WCorbin82

I was looking at BRS sale and saw the zeovit system starter pack available (Reactor, media, additives). My question or concern is will this be overkill for filtration for my type of system. From my understanding High Nitrates doesn't mean High Nutriates. I also understand that LPS and softies like Nutritional value in the water column for color and growth. Does Zeovit Eliminate this factor because I see most zeovit systems geared towards SPS

System DSA 105 Rimless 4Ft Tank (48x24x21)

Live Rock: 80-100 pounds

Live Sand: 50 pounds

Fish stock: High Bio load (IMO)

Blue Hippo Tang

Flame Angel

Frostbite Clowns pair (2)

Diamond Spot goby

Peppermint Hog fish

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Flame Hawk

Purple Dotty Back

Solaris Wrasse

Black Spot Leopard Wrasse

Red Star Leopard Wrasse

Ornate Wrasse

Current Bio, Mechanical, Chemical Filters are SWC 160 Protein Skimmer , Algae Scrubber running 24/7, (3) Filter Socks, Marine Pure Ceramic Bio Balls (4) Boxes, 2 bags of Chemi pure blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have successfully kept lps in a ULNS zeovit tank. It will strip your water for sure, but I hand feed my lps every few days.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have successfully kept lps in a ULNS zeovit tank. It will strip your water for sure, but I hand feed my lps every few days.

Do you have success with Zoas in particular and will the clean (stripped) water effect them also. I'm going for a Zoa Dominated tank now. And in your opinion with the current filtering I have now is this overkill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no personal experience with zoes. I do have a friend back in NY why has zoes in his zeovit tank. Colors are great and grow like normal. So I have seen it done

Also once the zeovit is established, they have suppliments specifically for lps and sps that will aid in food and growth

Yeah, zeovit has a forum by itself. Lots of info and the mod G.Alexander is like a wizard.

I made another thread for zeo users in wamas. Feel free to add to the info. I feel like no one knows this product around here.