Sump help!!!!!

Jeskay14

Hi all,

I just got my new 70 up and running only to notice and leak in the sump!! I've narrowed it down to a chip in the corner but I unfortunatly and not sure it's fixable do to were it's cracked. does anyone in the Germantown area have an extra sump I could borrow or buy from you. I don't have much money now and I can't drive because I'm only 15 but if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, doesn't look like it's repairable. Well it is but you would have to replace the broken glass.

Good luck

thank you I was just going to try and just load that side up with silicone. Could that possibly work?

The problem with silicone is it need a few days to cure. Even if it says dries in 12 hours, it needs days to be reef safe. Even then it would just be a patch and should be replaced.

If I were closer I would try and help

The problem with silicone is it need a few days to cure. Even if it says dries in 12 hours, it needs days to be reef safe. Even then it would just be a patch and should be replaced.

If I were closer I would try and help

ok thank you for your feedback. I will now try and find someone local who may have a extra sump or something.

Pressure could make it blowout. Not worth the risk IMO. Can do a DIY sump cheap

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by khh27

Pressure could make it blowout. Not worth the risk IMO. Can do a DIY sump cheap

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

yea I decided to just forget it... I'm now searching for a used one because my parents won't let me make one... so if you know if anyone who has an extra it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be scared to death. Hopefully it holds up til you can do something. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

yea I decided to ditch it. I'm not looking for a used one if you know if anyone.

Thanks for the feedback!