10K bulbs - 400W HQI

davelin315

OK, so I've got a lot of the equipment that I'll be using for my 300 when I get around to actually building it up, but I've got a question on the bulbs. I'm going to go with 400W HQIs as the research that I've done myself and seen from others has indicated that a year ago there was not a significant difference between a 400W mogul base and a 400W HQI DE because of the fact that reflectors were very basic. Now, however, it seems like there are several choices for reflectors so I'm guessing that there is an improvement (the previous research done by Sanjay ???? basically said that there was no difference in PAR ratings at the time around the bulb but that it was possible that after improving the reflectors it would make a difference). So, in any case, I'm looking into the bulbs, and I'm thinking that I'll go with the PFO bulbs at 10K. There are also 14K and 20K, but I'm not a big fan of the overly blue look. That said, I haven't used these bulbs before and I'm wondering just how blue the 10Ks are. Anyone have 10K 25W PFO bulbs (apparently, most of the bulbs that are the same size as the PFO bulbs are manufactured by the same company, so there's really no difference in which brand you buy - for 400W what I've been told is that there's Ice Cap and PFO size bulbs, and they are either made by Ice Cap or the company that makes the PFO bulbs) that can tell me how much actinic supplementation they use if any?