Rebekwl's 225 Upgrade

(edited)

So my husband and I went out on a limb last week and picked up a used 225 gallon tank that needed to be resealed.  We scraped it down and re-siliconed it on Tuesday.  We're now at about 24 hours of the leak test, and so far so good - no leaks!  We'll leave the water in for a couple more days before draining and getting to work on drilling, installing overflows, plumbing, etc.  

We have a lot of work to do and need to upgrade quite a bit of equipment before we're up an running.  We currently have a 92 gallon corner, along with a 55 gallon which we'll be combining into the 1 tank. Oh and then there is the 18 gallon nano that we have plumbed in as a fuge.  We'll be plumbing that into the 225 also because I really like watching the smaller fish and inverts in their own little world.  We will have a fuge in our sump though, so this will just be for me, because I want it.  :happy:

We'll be on the lookout for a decent used tank to set up for the sump and will be adding the baffles ourselves.  We will be plumbing into our garage, so there will be plenty of space for everything.  We CANNOT wait for this after the pain of trying to fit everything under the stand of a 92 gallon corner tank!! The garage is temperature controlled, so we won't have to worry about using a chiller in the summertime either, which is nice.  A 100 long would be preferable for our sump, because of the ideal height, but from what I've seen they're pretty hard to come by, so we'll see how that goes.  

We've done this before, and the first time went very smoothly, so we're hoping for the same results here.  Either way, any and all insight is welcome and appreciated!! 

Anyways, stand by, we'll post pictures and updates as we go, and will be posting questions in the general discussion forum as needed.

~Rebekah 

Edited by rebekwl