Fish room help

cane

No real issues Grandmaster with the beam. Just a couple more turns for the drain and return lines. But I do like not having to finish the whole room and just painting the walls. I think I will also set the sump up a few feet off the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a fish room in my basement. And love it. I think I planned it out really well while having it set up for a while I found out I don't..

Room is 20x6 enclosed w door

I have 3 drains in the floor that I installed and plumed into the secptic.

Sump is plumed into the drain one valve at bottom of sump, one over flow tube at top of sump. I installed the valve at the bottom to do water changes witch is great.wouldn't change a thing here

I have installed a sink with hot and cold water great for waterchanges cleaning wouldn't change a thING here.

Vents. PH humidity biggest factor I wish I changed...I had one exhaust fan extremely high flow rate but wasn't keeping up it hit you like a brick wall when u walk in. Installed #2 exhaust fan sams size, open the door still hits you not as bad but still a concern I'm going to install one more before I actually dry wall the area.but I'm sure IL end up with 4 total as I evaportor 3 gallon a day.

On a positive note I runs hose from my vent outside to my protine skimmer.

I have ac and heat to the room (robbed from living room (don't tell thr wife)

I have installed a elec box in the fish tank room so I can add up to 16 curcit witch is over kill but you will need more than what you think you will need. Better to have to many than not enough.

Looking at your pics I would pick the one that best suits you eaither one will work just have to get all your stuff to that room. Your floor joist aren't cover so you can install exhaust fans in there no problem and run them outside. If u want pics I can text a few to you

+1 to what Customride says.  Putting drains in the floor ranks at the top of all the things you can do.  Not only are water spills inevitable, but I still average about one a day.  

Close behind floor drains would be putting a sink right beside where you are working.

Good planning will save you so much work in the long run.

• 3 weeks later...

keep all sumps, growouts, tubs, etc... covered.

This will make your humidity management much easier.  It's best to eliminate humidity rather than to attempt to displace with fans, ducts, dehumidifiers, etc...