Where in southern florida and keys can I snorkel and catch some marine life for my tank

arking_mark

Long story short, I am in fl with all the equipment...just need a shore location where I can do some nice snorkeling and maybe catch something. Any idea of where and what could be caught? License will be purchased...so all legal.

Anywhere in the keys!  I've scubaed and snorkeled all over the keys and you see fish everywhere. Check out the coral quarries in the keys. I have rock in my tank from those quarries. Off Largo though you might have to go out farther. Looe Key is incredible. Dry Tortugas has cool stuff.

Edited by sen5241b

Thanks for the info. Is there a specific place from shore that would be a good place to go? I didn't have any luck with google search on coral quarries.

Long Key and Bahia Honda state parks. You may see a lot of aragonite rock on the beaches.

My wife's from Miami and would vacation in the keys. she agrees that you can go out almost anywhere and find amazing fish and coral. Long Key and Bahia state park are great but not sure about the rules for remove coral from Bahia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've taken rock off state park beaches and a state park employee even told me it was a cool piece. I think they don't want commercial businesses removing mass quantities.

I wouldn't do any of that in a state park. I've seen people get stopped before by park police.

There are some random beaches where you can. I used to have my collectors license.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk