Got Bryopsis? (part tres)

mogurnda

I have my nuisance algae culture tank set up, and could use some more Bryopsis if anyone has a handful to spare.  I got a nice mix of Bryopsis and Derbesia from der ABT, but the Derbesia has been winning this round.  Although the slugs are currently green and happy, the E. clarki are still not laying eggs, and I suspect that adding more Bryopsis to their diet will get them in the mood.

Edited by mogurnda

I think I'm missing something.  I am asking people if they have Bryopsis that I can have.  Does your post indicate that everyone has gotten rid of it?

I'm trying to remember how to distinguish bryopsis from other GHA varieties, but I've got one tank that's (unfortunately) got a bumper crop of something at the moment, and you're welcome to all you want!

I'm trying to remember how to distinguish bryopsis from other GHA varieties, but I've got one tank that's (unfortunately) got a bumper crop of something at the moment, and you're welcome to all you want!

Bryopsis is soft, but usually very feathery. Almost like Caulerpa when it is growing well.    Below is a photo from an earlier batch.

2057-Bryopsis-feeding.jpg

Bryopsis is soft, but usually very feathery. Almost like Caulerpa when it is growing well.    Below is a photo from an earlier batch.

I thought I remembered something like that, and with a little web research on my own I'm pretty sure that's what it is. How would you suggest getting what I can collect to you? Will you be at the meeting next Saturday? :fish:

Edited by LCDRDATA

I have some growing if you want it.

And it is indeed beautiful.  Thanks for the algae!

I thought I remembered something like that, and with a little web research on my own I'm pretty sure that's what it is. How would you suggest getting what I can collect to you? Will you be at the meeting next Saturday? :fish:

I would love more algae, but have a conflict with the meeting.   I am in the area though.  Will PM about possibly meeting up before or after.

Sweet !!!! Looking good

It's finer and brighter green than the stuff Justin had.  Maybe a different species.

I have some but it would be a bit of a haul for you to come pick it up.

It may be time for a road trip at some point.

Nope.  If you put one into a normal reef tank, it will be dead within a week.  If they were smart, they would stay on the food plant and not wander around.  They are not smart.